Art Journal

Art Journaling is one of my favourite hobbies. It’s creative and fun. I love how there is no right or wrong way to make art. I’ve been keeping this journal for over a year now. On each page I like to have a theme or quote. Usually something inspirational and motivational.  The journal I use is a black leather back I bought in tkmaxx. It’s the perfect size and the paper is just divine. I’m very picky when it comes to notebooks and honestly if the paper wasn’t right or the pages didn’t open properly I’d have to throw it away. I have a stack of empty notebooks in case of such emergencies. Here is everything I have done so far.

Do you keep an Art Journal?
Always, M

8 Comments

• Steph Spying February 9, 2017 at 7:55 am

Hi!
    I really enjoy dabbling in my own journals.
    I particularly like your double-page-spread that says 'wanderlust' with the photo-montage on the right page.

Steph

• Marian February 10, 2017 at 10:56 am

Thanks Steph! Art Journaling is one of my favourite things! What kind of journals do you keep? ^_^

• Steph Spying February 10, 2017 at 1:41 pm

I call them visual diaries. They were for school, and not for my personal enjoyment… although I did enjoy doing them. If you want to see what it looks like, I put some pages of it up over on my blog. Tomorrow, I have a post going up about my second visual diary. If you want to see the first one in the mean time, you can find it here: http://www.socialspying.com/2017/01/my-art-journal-i-scarcity-surplus.html

I prefer working in A3 diaries, which is a bit different from convention, but I prefer the bigger space for ideation and conceptualization.

• Marian February 10, 2017 at 4:19 pm

STEPH! You have such ARTISTIC TALENT!!! And don't say you can't draw. I am absolutely in love with your visual diary. Your style is so deep and distinctive. I am keen to see more.
    Wow, A3 is quite big for a diary. Personally, I like A5 or A4 for convenience for travel.

• Vivian March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Lovely art journal! Beautiful work. I love art journaling too! Do you know what brand your notebook is? Neat post and artwork πŸ™‚
    -Vivian

• Saraallie April 14, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I've been dyinggggggggggg to start an art journal too but I keep feeling like I won't be able to do it! I'm not a drawer and not a painter either! I'm more into computer graphics or creative stuff done from bringing pieces of stuff together. But I would LOVE to start and this entry right here is a perfect inspiration. Love your journal so much – especially the Harry Potter pages (BIG Potterhead here)!
    ~ Saraallie
    Sara Writes ~ The Crazy Life of a Silly Little Sister

• Marian April 22, 2017 at 9:03 am

Thank you so much Vivian! No idea what brand my notebook is, I got it in TKMaxx. Isn't it so pretty? It's got great paper and a leather back!
    Thanks for stopping by Vivian! ^_^

• Marian April 22, 2017 at 9:14 am

You can TOTALLY start an art journal! Who says you're not a drawer? – who defines what is "good" art? And anyway art journaling doesn't have to be drawing. I know a lot of people who turn it more into a scrapbook and collect lots of things they like and just stick it in. Thanks so much for your comment, you're so sweet! And Potter is Life! ^_^
    Best of luck with your art journal! <3